Hours of Enforcement
Everyday from 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM excluding New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Rates vary by location but are generally either $2.00 per hour with a max of $10.00 unless otherwise noted. Please always note the rates listed on the Parkeon paystations.
No time limit other than no overnight parking.
Parking Enforcement Ambassadors
The duties, responsibilities, and functions of our Parking Enforcement Ambassadors are:
- To provide quality, courteous customer service and promote the safety and the proper flow of traffic and turnover throughout the streets of Folly Beach.
- To protect the rights of the pedestrians and parking public who abide by local and state parking ordinances and laws.
- To assist in providing available parking to residents, visitors and businesses.
- To enforce the city and state parking ordinances and laws.
- As a representative of Folly Beach and Lanier Parking Solutions, ambassadors will perform their duties in a professional manner at all times and to the highest standards.
Please find our Frequently Asked Questions below:
HOW DO I USE THE PASSPORT APP TO PAY BY PHONE?
Please visit the “Passport Parking” section to learn more about using the Passport Parking app.
HOW DO I USE THE PARKING PAYSTATION?
Please visit the “Parking Meters” section to learn more about using the Parkeon paystations.
HOW DO I PAY MY PARKING TICKET?
Please visit the “Pay My Parking Ticket” section of the website, if your received an orange ticket in the paid parking areas. If you received a yellow policed-issued on-street ticket, please visit https://www.cityoffollybeach.com/city-departments-services/municipal-court/how-to-appeal-a-parking-ticket/ for more information.
HOW DO I CONTEST THIS PARKING TICKET?
Please visit the “Appeal My Parking Ticket” section of the website.
DO YOU OFFER THE ABILITY TO PAY WITH A SMARTPHONE APP?
Yes! Please visit the “Park By Cell with Passport” section of the website.
WHAT HOURS ARE PAID PARKING IN AFFECT?
Paid parking is in effect every day from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
IS THERE A LIMIT ON HOW LONG I CAN PARK EACH DAY?
There is no daily time limit other than no overnight parking. Enjoy your time at the beach!
WHEN DO I NOT HAVE TO PAY TO PARK?
All Park Folly Beach parking kiosks are free after 8:00 PM every day. Parking is also currently free downtown on Center Street and certain areas of East Ashley Avenue. However, always reference the signage to ensure parking is free and never block a private driveway. In addition, parking is free on these holidays (unless otherwise announced): Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
WHAT ARE THE OFFICE HOURS?
While City Hall is open from 9 AM – 5:00 PM, our parking office is open to the public between the hours of:
- Monday 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Wednesday 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
HOW DO I PAY A YELLOW ON-STREET TICKET?
For a police-issued on-street yellow ticket, please visit https://www.cityoffollybeach.com/city-departments-services/municipal-court/how-to-appeal-a-parking-ticket/