Residential Parking Decals
RESIDENTIAL PARKING DECAL INFORMATION
The City has several paid parking areas including beach parking lots, the Washout, and portions of Arctic Avenue. Full-time residents receive 2 decals to park free in these areas.
It’s time to apply for your 2020 Parking Decals! Below is information on how to obtain your residential decal for 2020.
- You can fill out your application online, email it to us, and have your permits mailed to you. Email the form, a photo or scan of your driver’s license, and a photo or scan of another proof of residency (utility bill, etc) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your decals will be mailed to you once your application is processed by the paid parking contractor or they will contact you if there are any questions regarding your application.
THE 2020 FORM CAN BE FOUND HERE
- Or, if you prefer, you can fill out the form and submit residency proof at City Hall Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm and the decals will be mailed to you.
- Last year’s decals will be honored through February 15, so you have plenty of time to get your new decals.
Full-time residents are allowed to register two vehicles and part-time residents who do not rent their home are allowed to register one vehicle. This year, golf carts receive a parking decal; like always, golf carts still count as one of the two allowed vehicles.
- Can I have decals for my cars and golf carts?
If you have a golf cart, it must be registered with Folly Beach (proof of SC registration, driver’s license, and insurance) and you will be given a special parking decal made for golf carts. You are then entitled to one additional vehicle decal. If you do not have a golf cart at your residence, you are entitled to two vehicle decals.
- What do I need as proof of residency?
For 2 decals, if you have a Folly address on your license, that is all you need. For part time residents who never rent their home, you need to show 2 forms of proof (utility bill, tax bill, etc) showing your name and address.
- Where does it go on my car?
Decals should be placed on the lower left corner of the windshield.
- May I give my decal to a friend or family member?
You may not sell or give away your residential decal to anyone else. Parking enforcement does track decal numbers to the vehicle registered and you will lose your decal privileges if you are found to have fraudulently sold or given out your decal.
- What if I only live at Folly part-time?
A property owner who owns a “residential unit that is never rented is entitled to one residential parking decal. In no case shall more than one parking decal be issued for a part-time resident’s residential unit. Proof of ownership and a sworn statement by the owner of the unit that the unit is never rented shall be provided.”
See Folly Ordinance 72.20 for full rules.